About the role | Ko te kaupapa
We are looking for an experienced Truck Driver / Labourer to join our Road Maintenance team in Rangiora. You will be working on a stable, long term contract where you can make a difference working on the Waimakariri District Council Road Maintenance network!
You will ideally have a background in Road Maintenance with experience in the safe operation of class 4 trucks with a road ranger gearbox including safe tipping and spreading practices as well as good knowledge and understanding of material types and roading aggregates. You will also be required to assist with all other aspects of road maintenance such as road construction and repairs, sign installation, installation of new culverts and maintenance of stormwater and drainage systems.
So, if you believe you can excel in this space and are looking for your next move, then we are keen to hear from you! We are a company that invests in our team, and we are willing to invest in your future.
What you’ll bring | Ko ngā pukenga ōu
- Full Class 4 Driver Licence (essential)
- WTR endorsements (preferred – training can be provided for the right candidate)
- STMS (essential – training can be provided)
- Able to work as part of a team and to deadlines
- Physically fit and self-motivated
- Health and Safety conscious with a positive attitude
What we bring | He aha ta tatou kawe mai
- Get your birthday off after one year!
- Discounts with local and national businesses
- KiwiSaver employer contribution above standard entitlements
- Ongoing training, development, and support
- Great working conditions and an excellent team environment
Our values | Ngā Uaratanga
Trustworthy | Whakawhirinaki – People You Can Rely On
Teamwork | Mahi Tahi – People Who Work Together
Guardianship | Kaitiakitanga – People Who Protect Our Place
The company is committed to providing a safe work environment. Successful candidates are required to pass a pre-employment medical, drug, and alcohol test prior to employment.
How to apply | Me pēhea te tono
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Or email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.