Due to an exciting period of growth, we are now seeking an Operator / Leading Hand to come and join our Pines Resource Recovery Park based in Rolleston.
This role requires someone who has a successful performance record of leading site teams and delivering excellence. You will be an honest, self-motivated, and conscientious person who is hands-on and happy to mentor other team members when required.
On the ground, you will have experience with loader and telehandler operation, driving a class 4 road ranger, and the ability to operate fixed and mobile machinery such as shredders and compactors. You are someone who enjoys the work you do and genuinely takes pride in a job well done, you know how to motivate your team to work to a high standard and share in the successes of your team’s efforts.
This position involves alternating weekend shift work and applicants with good interpersonal skills, and experience with EFTPOS and cash handling procedures would be looked at favourably as some kiosk duties are part of this role.
So, if you believe you can excel in this space and are looking for your next move, then we are keen to hear from you!
What will you bring?
- Experience leading a team within Construction or Maintenance (essential)
- Class 4 Driver Licence (essential)
- WTR Endorsements (essential)
- Forklift Endorsement & OSH Ticket (preferred)
- Loader and telehandler experience (preferred)
- Physically fit and self-motivated
- Health and Safety conscious with a positive attitude
What we offer:
- Competitive and rewarding remuneration package (including Boost – employee benefits program, work phone, and your birthday off!)
- Great working conditions and an excellent team environment
- Varied and interesting work everyday
- Ongoing training, development and support
- An innovative company with diverse projects
The company is committed to providing a safe work environment. Successful candidates are required to pass a pre-employment medical, drug, and alcohol test prior to employment.
Want to be part of the action?
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Or email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.