We are looking for an Arborist (qualified or trainee) to come and join our Parks and Reserves team based in Timaru. This role involves a variety of duties such as pruning and felling, removal of damaged trees/dead wood, and inspecting and maintaining trees and vegetation. You will be responsible for maintaining the equipment being used and for completing work to contract specifications on a scheduled and reactive basis.
The successful applicant will need to be willing to learn, have a positive outlook and lots of energy, as this is a physically demanding role. You will also need to be safety conscious, have the ability to learn quickly, follow instructions and take direction. Candidates with experience will be looked at favourably however, for the right candidate, with the right attitude, full training will be provided, and licences can be worked towards.
So, if you have a passion for climbing and are looking to work with a superb team of industry professionals, then we’d love to hear from you!
You will bring the following:
- NZQA Certificate in Horticulture Level 4 – Arboriculture (desirable)
- Full Class 1 Driver Licence (essential)
- Class 2 Driver Licence (desirable)
- Grow Safe Certificate (desirable)
- Traffic Control – TTM (desirable)
- Physically fit and self-motivated
- Health and Safety conscious with a positive attitude
- Able to work as part of a team and to deadlines
What we offer:
- Competitive and rewarding remuneration package (including Boost – employee benefits program, work phone, and your birthday off!)
- Training and the opportunity to gain qualifications which may include NZ Cert in Horticulture Level 4 – Arboriculture, working at heights and first aid
- Great working conditions and an excellent team environment
- Varied and interesting work everyday
- Ongoing training, development and support
- An innovative company with diverse projects
The company is committed to providing a safe work environment. Successful candidates are required to pass a pre-employment medical, drug, and alcohol test prior to employment.
Want to be part of the action?
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Or email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa