About the role | Ko te kaupapa
We are looking for an experienced Arborist to come and join our Parks and Reserves team based in Timaru. This role involves a variety of duties such as pruning and felling, removal of damaged trees/dead wood, and inspecting and maintaining trees and vegetation. You will be responsible for maintaining the equipment being used and for completing work to contract specifications on a scheduled and reactive basis.
The successful applicant will need to be willing to learn, have a positive outlook and lots of energy, as this is a physically demanding role. You will also need to be safety conscious, have the ability to learn quickly, follow instructions and take directions. Candidates with their NZQA Level 4 Arboriculture certificate will be looked at favorably however, if you are a confident climber who is currently working towards an arboriculture qualification then we would love to hear from you!
CORDE is a company that invests in our team, and we are willing to invest in your future. Join us today!
What you’ll bring | Ko ngā pukenga ōu
- NZQA Certificate in Horticulture Level 4 – Arboriculture (essential)
- Full Class 1 Driver Licence (essential)
- Class 2 Driver Licence (desirable)
- Grow Safe Certificate (desirable)
- STMS (desirable)
- Physically fit and self-motivated
- Health and Safety conscious with a positive attitude
What we bring | He aha ta tatou kawe mai
- Get your birthday off after one year!
- Discounts with local and national businesses
- KiwiSaver employer contribution above standard entitlements
- Training and career development opportunities within a highly skilled and experienced team
- An innovative company with diverse projects
Our values | Ngā Uaratanga
Trustworthy | Whakawhirinaki – People You Can Rely On
Teamwork | Mahi Tahi – People Who Work Together
Guardianship | Kaitiakitanga – People Who Protect Our Place
The company is committed to providing a safe work environment. Successful candidates are required to pass a pre-employment medical, drug, and alcohol test prior to employment.
Want to be part of the action?
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Or email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa