About the role | Ko te kaupapa
In this role you will be responsible for reviewing and pricing contracts for construction to achieve competitive tendering and ensure that all successfully won tenders are appropriately transitioned to the project delivery team.
The role will require you to visit sites, regularly interact with the clients, and work very closely with the delivery teams throughout the construction phase.
You will be the kind of person who is happy to be hands on, ensuring that the best systems and processes are in place. You will be diligent, industrious, and conscientious and you will be someone who is eager to create a career path with a company with a solid reputation.
What you’ll bring | Ko ngā pukenga ōu
- Relevant tertiary level qualification (or industry specific experience to a similar degree)
- Formal / relevant civil or infrastructure technical qualification i.e. engineering, project management, contract management
- Estimating or tendering experience in the Infrastructure and/or Contracting industry (preference for Civil experience)
- Extensive client relationship management experience with proven successful outcomes
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with suppliers and internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to develop and implement win strategies
- A high degree of accuracy, timeliness, and attention to detail to prepare estimates for internal review and submission
- Experience utilising Estimating software
- Ability to develop programmes and methodologies to support estimate development and tender submissions
- Strong commercial knowledge and experience in the practical application of commercial issues
What we bring | He aha ta tatou kawe mai
- Birthday leave after 1 year, retail discounts and a great working culture!
- Increased KiwiSaver employer contributions after service milestones
- Career opportunities through training & development
- Varied and interesting work every day
- An innovative company with diverse projects
Our values | Ngā Uaratanga
Trustworthy | Whakawhirinaki – People You Can Rely On
Teamwork | Mahi Tahi – People Who Work Together
Guardianship | Kaitiakitanga – People Who Protect Our Place
How to apply | Me pēhea te tono
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Or email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.