We have a busy forward work program and are looking for a Foreman with strong leadership skills who can specialise in urban works in our Waimakariri District Roading maintenance contract. You will have good knowledge of road construction methodology and standard specifications including the construction of footpaths, kerb and channel, and culvert installations etc. Experience in laying asphalt would be an advantage as we are required to undertake this activity from time to time.
You will have proven site management experience with a successful performance record of running site teams and delivering excellence. You will be leading the crew specialising in primally urban works so you will need to be proficient in this type of work and in operating all the machinery involved.
You enjoy the work you do and genuinely take pride in a job well done, you know how to motivate your team to work to a high standard and share in the successes of your teams efforts. It is important that you are hands on and happy to mentor other team members when required. These are essential skills in order to be successful in this position and a leader within our business.
You will bring the following:
- Experience leading a team within Roading Construction or Maintenance (essential)
- Multi skilled in the operation of excavators and other construction plant (advantageous)
- WTR endorsements (essential)
- Class 2 Driver License (essential)
- Class 4 Driver License (preferred)
- STMS (preferred – training can be provided for the right candidate)
- Physically fit and self-motivated
- Health and Safety conscious with a positive attitude
What we offer:
- Competitive and rewarding remuneration package (including Boost – employee benefits program, work vehicle and phone, and your birthday off!)
- Great working conditions and an excellent team environment
- Varied and interesting work every day
- Ongoing training, development, and support
- An innovative company with diverse projects
The company is committed to providing a safe work environment. Successful candidates are required to pass a pre-employment medical, drug, and alcohol test prior to employment.
Want to be part of the action?
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Or email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.