About the role | Ko te kaupapa
We are growing and this means we now have an opportunity for an experienced Industrial Electrician to join our team! This position is based at the Pines Wastewater Treatment Plant in Rolleston and will require you to spend time throughout the Canterbury region.
The successful applicant will need to undertake the following key requirements for the role:
- Providing specialist analysis, and technical and support services associated with the electrical systems of treatment plants, pumping stations, reservoirs, and other process infrastructure.
- Providing electrical support and maintenance for the Pines Wastewater Treatment Plant, reticulated sewer network, and various facilities within the Selwyn District Council network.
- Proactively identify new opportunities, to leverage existing and emerging technologies, to deliver ongoing improvements and efficiencies whilst implementing constructive change initiatives and leading change to enhance and develop the electrical systems, ensuring quality and uninterrupted service.
What you’ll bring | Ko ngā pukenga ōu
- National Certificate in Electrical Engineering – Electrician for Registration (Level 4)
- Current New Zealand electrical registration and experience working to NZ standards
- Knowledge of theoretical and practical system operation for new, existing, and refurbished water industry infrastructure
- Experience with servicing and maintenance of motors and drives in industrial processes
- Experience and understanding of PLC systems and networks used for industrial control systems
- Demonstrated extensive experience in fault finding and maintenance of PLCs, drives, and other control circuits
This is an important role in our business that will suit someone who is an analytical, critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills who can manage electrical and controls projects on time and to budget.
What we bring | He aha ta tatou kawe mai
- Birthday leave after 1 year, retail discounts, and a great working culture!
- Increased KiwiSaver employer contributions after service milestones
- Career opportunities through training & development
- Varied and interesting work every day
- An innovative company with diverse projects
Our values | Ngā Uaratanga
Trustworthy | Whakawhirinaki – People You Can Rely On
Teamwork | Mahi Tahi – People Who Work Together
Guardianship | Kaitiakitanga – People Who Protect Our Place
How to apply | Me pēhea te tono
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Or email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.