Due to continued growth, we are seeking a Civil Leading Hand to join our Construction team. In conjunction with the foreman, you will be responsible for supervising and managing your team’s performance and will have experience in all areas of civil works, roading, earthworks, footpath prep, kerb and channel prep, boxing and formwork, and small plant operation.
You will be someone who enjoys the work you do and genuinely takes pride in a job well done. You
know how to encourage, motivate, and communicate effectively with your team to ensure they work to a high standard. It is important that you are hands on when required for the purpose of mentoring other team members. These are essential skills in order to be successful in this position and a leader within our business.
So, if you believe you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role, and are looking for your next move, then we are keen to hear from you!
You will bring the following:
- At least 5 years’ experience in Civil Construction
- Experience leading a team within the construction industry (essential)
- National Certificate in Civil (advantageous)
- Class 2-4 License (essential)
- WTR Endorsements (essential)
- STMS (preferred – training will be provided for the right candidate)
- Physically fit and self-motivated
- Health and Safety conscious with a positive attitude
What we offer:
- Competitive and rewarding remuneration package tailored to the level of experience (including Boost – employ benefits program, work vehicle, phone, and your birthday off!)
- Strong forward workload
- An innovative company with diverse projects
- Ongoing training and development with support from great mentors
- Great working conditions and an excellent team environment
- A high level of job ownership and satisfaction
The company is committed to providing a safe work environment. Successful candidates are required to pass a pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol test prior to employment.
Want to be part of the action?
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Or email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.