About the role | Ko te kaupapa
Come and join a stable, long term contract where you can make a difference working on the Hurunui District Council Road Maintenance network!
We are after someone who enjoys leading and motivating a crew but who also likes to be hands on. You will be experienced in encouraging, motivating, and communicating effectively with your team to ensure they achieve their goals while working to a high standard.
You will be working across a wide range of projects and will have knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in road construction and maintenance. This could be carrying out tasks such as cement stabilisation, installation of new culverts, maintenance of stormwater and drainage systems, and working with plant and heavy machinery.
So, if you want to be part of a team delivering high quality work to the community that you live in, then we are keen to hear from you!
What you’ll bring | Ko ngā pukenga ōu
- Experience leading a team within the industry (essential)
- Class 2-5 Driver Licence (essential)
- WTR endorsements (essential)
- STMS (essential – training can be provided)
- Physically fit and self-motivated
- Health and Safety conscious with a positive attitude
What we bring | He aha ta tatou kawe mai
- Birthday leave after 1 year, retail discounts, and a great working culture!
- Career opportunities through training & development
- Increased KiwiSaver employer contributions after service milestones
- Varied and interesting work every day
- An innovative company with diverse projects
The company is committed to providing a safe work environment. Successful candidates are required to pass a pre-employment medical, drug, and alcohol test prior to employment.
Our values | Ngā Uaratanga
Trustworthy | Whakawhirinaki – People You Can Rely On
Teamwork | Mahi Tahi – People Who Work Together
Guardianship | Kaitiakitanga – People Who Protect Our Place
How to apply | Me pēhea te tono
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Or email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.