About the role | Ko te kaupapa
We have a busy forward work program and are looking for leading hands to join our civil, structures, and drainage teams.
As a leading hand you will play an important role in managing and overseeing a wide range of projects. You will have experience leading and motivating a team of skilled tradespeople and labourers to ensure that projects are completed on time and to the highest standard.
As a civil leading hand you will have experience in all areas of civil works, roading, footpath prep, kerb and channel prep, boxing and formwork, and small plant operation. Or if drainage is your passion and you have experience in all areas of drainage works including commercial and residential, three waters, excavating trenches, and pipe laying, then that’s the job for you.
So, if you are an experienced, versatile, and skilled leading hand who is flexible in their approach to work then we’d love to hear from you. We are looking for people who will thrive in their role and make significant contributions to the success of our business.
What you’ll bring | Ko ngā pukenga ōu
- Experience leading a team within the industry
- Class 2-4 Licence (essential)
- WTR Endorsements (essential)
- STMS (preferred – training will be provided for the right candidate)
- National Certificate in Water or Civil (advantageous)
- CCC Authorised, NZ Registered (advantageous)
- Physically fit and self-motivated
- Health and Safety conscious with a positive attitude
What we bring | He aha ta tatou kawe mai
- Career opportunities through training & development
- Increased KiwiSaver employer contributions after service milestones
- Birthday leave after 1 year, retail discounts and a great working culture!
- Varied and interesting work every day
- An innovative company with diverse projects
The company is committed to providing a safe work environment. Successful candidates are required to pass a pre-employment medical, drug, and alcohol test prior to employment.
Our values | Ngā Uaratanga
Trustworthy | Whakawhirinaki – People You Can Rely On
Teamwork | Mahi Tahi – People Who Work Together
Guardianship | Kaitiakitanga – People Who Protect Our Place
How to apply | Me pēhea te tono
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Or email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.