About the role | Ko te kaupapa
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Water Operator to join our experienced water services team based in Rolleston. As a Water Operator, you will be responsible for monitoring the district’s water supply ensuring it is maintained within the required parameters to provide Selwyn with premium drinking water. This role consists of a wide range of activities including scheduled and reactive maintenance of the water treatment plants, pump sheds and reticulation networks as well as performance checks for treatment systems and responding to call outs. No two days will be the same!
The successful applicant will need to be willing to learn, have a positive outlook and lots of energy, as this is a physically demanding role. You will also need to be safety conscious, can learn quickly, follow instruction, and take direction.
CORDE’s maintenance contract covers the entire Selwyn District from the Rakaia River to the Waimakariri River and from Arthur’s Pass village to Lake Ellesmere. Truly a spectacular and beautiful area to work in.
What you’ll bring | Ko ngā pukenga ōu
- National Certificate in Water Treatment – Level 4 (preferred)
- Class 1 Driver Licence (essential)
- Experience in civil / trade work (preferred)
- Ability to work varied hours including weekends and public holidays
- Physically fit and self-motivated
- Health and Safety conscious with a positive attitude
What we bring | He aha ta tatou kawe mai
- Birthday leave after 1 year, retail discounts and a great working culture!
- Increased KiwiSaver employer contributions after service milestones
- Training and the opportunity to gain qualifications which include working at heights, confined space entry, first aid and traffic control
- Great working conditions and an excellent team environment
- Varied and interesting work every day
Our values | Ngā Uaratanga
Trustworthy | Whakawhirinaki – People You Can Rely On
Teamwork | Mahi Tahi – People Who Work Together
Guardianship | Kaitiakitanga – People Who Protect Our Place
The company is committed to providing a safe work environment. Successful candidates are required to pass a pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol test prior to employment.
How to apply | Me pēhea te tono
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Or email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.