As a Water Treatment Operator, you will be responsible for monitoring the district’s water supply ensuring it is maintained within the required parameters and adjusted accordingly. This is a critical role and consists of a wide range of activities within the Water Services environment including scheduled and reactive maintenance of the water treatment plants and pump sheds, performance checks for treatment systems, and ensuring they are meeting the required standards.
The successful applicant will have a strong desire to learn coupled with a passion for problem solving and the ability to follow instructions and take direction.
CORDE’s maintenance contract covers the entire Selwyn District which is from the Rakaia River to the Waimakariri River and from Arthur’s Pass village to Lake Ellesmere. Truly a spectacular and beautiful area to work in.
You will bring the following:
- National Certificate in Water Treatment – Level 4 (preferred)
- Class 1 Driver Licence (essential)
- Experience in civil / trade work (preferred)
- Ability to work varied hours including weekends and public holidays
- Physically fit and self-motivated
- Health and Safety conscious with a positive attitude
What we offer:
- Competitive and rewarding remuneration package (including Boost – employee benefits program, work vehicle, phone, and your birthday off!)
- Training and the opportunity to gain qualifications which include working at heights, confined space entry, first aid and traffic control
- Strong forward workload on a long-term contract
- Great working conditions and an excellent team environment
- A high level of job ownership and satisfaction
The company is committed to providing a safe work environment. Successful candidates are required to pass a pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol test prior to employment.
Want to be part of the action?
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Or email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.