We have an opportunity for a motivated and experienced Gardener to join our Parks & Reserves team based in Rolleston. You will be working with a dedicated team involved primarily in the maintenance of parks and gardens around various areas of the region.
As a Gardener, you will be responsible for the maintenance of parks and reserves on a reactive or scheduled basis in accordance with contract specifications. This includes garden maintenance, annual bedding displays (planting and maintenance), vegetation control, horticultural spraying, basic weeding, line trimming, and mulching.
We are looking for people who will thrive in their role and make significant contributions to the success of our business. If this sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you!
You will bring the following:
- Full Class 1 Driver Licence (essential)
- Qualification in Horticulture (desirable)
- GROWSAFE certificate (desirable)
- Traffic management qualification (desirable)
- Physically fit and self-motivated
- Health and Safety conscious with a positive attitude
- Able to work as part of a team and to deadlines
What we offer:
- Competitive and rewarding remuneration package (including Boost – employee benefits program, work phone, and your birthday off!)
- Great working conditions and an excellent team environment
- Varied and interesting work everyday
- Ongoing training, development and support
- An innovative company with diverse projects
The company is committed to providing a safe work environment. Successful candidates are required to pass a pre-employment medical, drug, and alcohol test prior to employment.
Want to be part of the action?
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Or email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.