About the role | Ko te kaupapa
We have an exciting opportunity for a Surface Waters Operator to join our water services team based in Rolleston. This role will suit someone who is good at dealing with a wide variety of people and is able to work alone, as well as being part of a small team. You will be self-motivated, conscientious, analytical and have a good understanding of rural protocols.
Key tasks include scheduled checks and reactive maintenance of the surface waters network and urban stock water races. You will be maintaining supply to users, looking after the water race scheme and its river intakes, as well as assisting in general maintenance of the surface waters network.
The role requires someone who is flexible in their hours of work and has the ability to be part of an on-call roster which includes nights and weekends.
The successful applicant will need to be willing to learn, have a positive outlook and lots of energy, as this is a physically demanding role. So, if you believe you can excel in this space and are looking to be part of a dedicated team, then we are keen to hear from you!
What you’ll bring | Ko ngā pukenga ōu
- Class 1 Driver Licence (essential)
- STMS (essential – training can be provided)
- WTR endorsements (advantageous)
- Growsafe and Working at Heights (advantageous)
- Physically fit and self-motivated
- Health and Safety conscious with a positive attitude
What we bring | He aha ta tatou kawe mai
- Get your birthday off after one year!
- Discounts with local and national businesses
- KiwiSaver employer contribution above standard entitlements
- An innovative company with diverse projects
- Great working conditions and an excellent team environment
Our values | Ngā Uaratanga
Trustworthy | Whakawhirinaki – People You Can Rely On
Teamwork | Mahi Tahi – People Who Work Together
Guardianship | Kaitiakitanga – People Who Protect Our Place
The company is committed to providing a safe work environment. Successful candidates are required to pass a pre-employment medical, drug, and alcohol test prior to employment.
How to apply | Me pēhea te tono
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Or email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.