About the role | Ko te kaupapa
We have an exciting opportunity for a Wastewater Operator to join our Water Services team based in Rolleston. We have vacancies in both wastewater reticulation and treatment. You may enjoy traveling around the Selwyn district maintaining pumps and other mechanical equipment or prefer working in a treatment plant using your technical skills to complete laboratory testing and treatment process assessment. If you want to thrive in your role and make a significant contribution to the success of our business, then we can find the right fit for you.
The successful applicant will need to be willing to learn, have a positive outlook, and lots of energy, as this is a physically demanding role. You will also need to be safety conscious, have the ability to learn quickly, follow instruction, and take direction.
So, if you believe you can excel in this space and are looking for your next move, then we are keen to hear from you!
What you’ll bring | Ko ngā pukenga ōu
- Background in Wastewater or Level 4 Wastewater Qualification (advantageous)
- Class 1 Driver Licence (essential)
- Mechanically minded, as the role consists of mechanical repairs
- Reliable and enjoy being involved in a variety of works
- Physically fit and self-motivated
- Health and Safety conscious with a positive attitude
What we bring | He aha ta tatou kawe mai
- Get your birthday off after one year!
- Discounts with local and national businesses
- KiwiSaver employer contribution above standard entitlements
- Training and career development opportunities within a highly skilled and experienced team
- An innovative company with diverse projects
Our values | Ngā Uaratanga
Trustworthy | Whakawhirinaki – People You Can Rely On
Teamwork | Mahi Tahi – People Who Work Together
Guardianship | Kaitiakitanga – People Who Protect Our Place
The company is committed to providing a safe work environment. Successful candidates are required to pass a pre-employment medical, drug, and alcohol test prior to employment.
How to apply | Me pēhea te tono
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Or email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.