We have an exciting opportunity for a Wastewater Reticulation Operator to join our Water Services team based in the Selwyn District. The primary responsibilities of this role are to carry out scheduled checks/maintenance of pumps and other mechanical equipment as well as attending to reactive jobs and fault/breakdown identification and rectification.
The successful applicant will need to be willing to learn, have a positive outlook and lots of energy, as this is a physically demanding role. You will also need to be safety conscious, have the ability to learn quickly, follow instructions and take direction.
We are looking for people who will thrive in their role and make significant contributions to the success of our business. We are a company that invests in our team, and we are willing to invest in your future.
You will bring the following:
- Background in Wastewater or Level 4 Wastewater Qualification (advantageous)
- Class 1 Driver Licence (essential)
- Mechanically minded, as the role consists of mechanical repairs
- Reliable and enjoy being involved in a variety of works
- Physically fit and self-motivated
- Health and Safety conscious with a positive attitude
What we offer:
- Training and the opportunity to gain qualifications which may include; NZ Cert Level 4 Wastewater Treatment, WTR endorsements, working at heights, confined space entry and first aid
- Competitive and rewarding remuneration package (including Boost – employee benefits program, work phone, and your birthday off!)
- Great working conditions and an excellent team environment
- Varied and interesting work everyday
- An innovative company with diverse projects
The company is committed to providing a safe work environment. Successful candidates are required to pass a pre-employment medical, drug, and alcohol test prior to employment.
Want to be part of the action?
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Or email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.