The role is a treatment plant operator/maintenance fitter at the Rolleston wastewater treatment plant in Selwyn District. There are a range of activities including treatment process assessment, laboratory testing, scheduled checks/maintenance of pumps and other mechanical equipment, operation of water separation processes and fault/breakdown identification and rectification.
The successful applicant will need to be willing to learn, have a positive outlook and lots of energy, as this is a physically demanding role. You will also need to be safety conscious, have the ability to learn quickly, follow instructions and take direction.
So, if you believe you can excel in this space and are looking for your next move, then we are keen to hear from you!
What will you bring?
• Background in Wastewater or Level 4 Wastewater Qualification (advantageous)
• Class 1 Driver Licence (essential)
• Mechanically minded, as the role consists of mechanical repairs
• Reliable and enjoy being involved in a variety of works
• Physically fit and self-motivated
• Health and Safety conscious with a positive attitude
What we can offer you:
• Training and the opportunity to gain qualifications which may include; NZ Cert Level 4 Wastewater Treatment, WTR endorsements, working at heights, confined space entry and first aid
• Competitive and rewarding remuneration package (including Boost – employee benefits program, work vehicle, phone, and your birthday off!)
• Great working conditions and an excellent team environment
• Ongoing training, development and support
• An innovative company with diverse projects
The company is committed to providing a safe work environment. Successful candidates are required to pass a pre-employment medical, drug, and alcohol test prior to employment.
Want to be part of the action?
To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Or email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.